We explore nooks and crannies, high and low, of our fabulous city. Discover parts of SF you may not otherwise see, build friendships along with endurance, and reaffirm connection to communities. We may not be large, but we are visible! Join us for a run to see what we’re all about!
November: Saturday Long Runs 8 am – This month, we are meeting at Fort Mason, by the sculpture next to Equator Coffee. It at 2 Marina Drive, across from Safeway. There are two running distances, usually a 9-10 miler and a shorter 5-6 miler with routes changing weekly. The running and walking groups will all begin at the same time. We’ll then meet back up after the run/walk for coffee. It’s a wonderful time to catch up with other members. The line may be long and sometimes slow but it’s good coffee. Of course, there are plenty of other delicious options.
We start at 8am but usually wait a few minutes to give everyone a chance to arrive. If you are new to us, please email so we know to expect you. More information on routes will be posted weekly in the newsfeed.
NOV – Fort Mason, by Equator Coffee
DEC – Duboce Park, in front of the cafe
WEDNESDAYS: There’s an informal run on Wednesdays, meeting times vary. We meet in front of the Botanical Gardens in Golden Gate Park. We generally run 6 miles, down to the beach and back. Email or text Anna if you are interested in joining us.
Other weekday runs: You are encouraged to run 3-4 times per week. The weekly training should consist of hill or mile repeats, tempo runs, a long run and an optional fourth day of running. HFRC is happy to provide you with a personal training plan. You can run solo or coordinate with other members.
See what our members are up to on Strava.
For variety, we rotate start locations monthly in San Francisco.
- Aquatic Park at the end of Van Ness Ave in the parking lot
- Botanical Gardens 1199 9th Ave, off Lincoln St. in Golden Gate Park
- Conservatory of Flowers in Golden Gate Park
- Duboce Park in front of the cafe, corner of Duboce and Steiner Streets
- Esprit Park 19th Street and Indiana, by the horse sculpture
- Ferry Building in front of Starbucks
- Fort Mason in front of Equator Coffee at 2 Marina Drive. (It’s the little building at the entrance)
- Java Beach Cafe Ocean Beach across the street by the restrooms, at Great Highway and Judah
- Java Beach at the Zoo, 2650 Sloat Blvd. Across from SF Zoo
- Legion of Honor By the fountain in the upper parking lot
- Precita Park, Bernal Heights (at the Precita Park Cafe – 500 Precita Ave.)
- Sports Basement Potrero 1590 Bryant St., near the Potrero Shopping Center
- Sports Basement Presidio 610 Old Mason Street
- Sunset Circle Parking Lot at Lake Merced where Sunset Boulevard ends
- Woods Yard Park at Minnesota and 22nd Street, by Piccino Coffee Bar