We explore nooks and crannies, high and low, of our fabulous city. Discover parts of SF you may not otherwise see, build friendships along with endurance, and reaffirm connection to communities. We may not be large, but we are visible! Join us for a run to see what we’re all about! If this is your first run with us, please fill out our Waiver, sorry our lawyers told us to do this.
Welcome back. We’ve resumed our weekly Saturday group runs. Social distancing protocols, as mandated by the city, will be observed. You will need to wear a face covering that you can easily slip on or pull over your mouth and nose if the 6 ft distancing is not possible within the group or should we come within 30 ft of other pedestrians. HFRC hopes you’ll join us. If you have any concerns, please feel free to let us know.
SATURDAYS: Our morning social/long runs start at 8am. For variety, we rotate meeting locations monthly in San Francisco. Maps for various running distances will be provided. Please email and let us know to expect you.
UPDATE: Runs may be cancelled or postponed due to poor air quality.
- Month of October – we are meeting at Duboce Park, in front of the cafe located at the corner of Duboce and Steiner. The run starts at 8am but we usually wait a few minutes to give everyone a chance to arrive.
- TBA – Crosstown Trail Leg 2 – we’ll let you know when a date and location is scheduled.
More information will be sent via the weekly newsfeed.
Weekday runs: While there are no officially scheduled weekday group runs at this time, you are encouraged to run an additional 3-4 times per week. The weekly training should consist of hill or mile repeats, tempo runs, a long run and an optional fourth day of running. HFRC is happy to provide you with a personal training plan. You can run solo or coordinate with other members.
See what our members are up to on Strava: https://www.strava.com/clubs/halffull/latest-rides/ad90ff1a38ae4f06f4586136c8bd2cdbaf085889?show_rides=true
Maps for meeting locations
- Aquatic Park (at the end of Van Ness Ave in the parking lot)
- Conservatory of Flowers in Golden Gate Park
- Duboce Park (in front of the cafe, corner of Duboce and Steiner Streets)
- Esprit Park (19th Street and Indiana, in front of the cafe, Noon All Day)
- Ferry Building (in front of Starbucks)
- Fort Mason (in front of Equator Coffee at 2 Marina Drive. It’s the little building at the entrance)
- Java Beach Cafe (across the street by the restrooms, at Great Highway and Judah)
- Java Beach at the Zoo, 2650 Sloat Blvd. Across from the SF Zoo
- Legion of Honor (By the fountain in the upper parking lot)
- Precita Park, Bernal Heights (at the Precita Park Cafe – 500 Precita Ave.)
- Sports Basement Potrero (1590 Bryant St., near the Potrero Shopping Center
- Sports Basement Presidio (610 Old Mason Street)
- Sunset Circle Parking Lot at Lake Merced where Sunset Boulevard ends