We explore nooks and crannies, high and low, of our fabulous city. Discover parts of SF you may not otherwise see, build friendships along with endurance, and reaffirm connection to communities. We may not be large, but we are visible! Join us for a run to see what we’re all about!
Welcome back! We’re excited to resume group runs. We will follow all San Francisco health orders with masking and social distancing.
SATURDAYS, 8 am: For the month of April we’ll be meeting at Fort Mason, right by the Equator Coffee Hut, across from the Safeway on 2 Marina Drive. We’ll have a weekly route of about 10 miles that can be modified to fit your goal. The running and new walking group will both begin at the same time. Each group will have a leader. To run/walk your specific distance, if it is shorter than the planned route, simply turn around at the appropriate mile for an out and back.
We start at 8am but usually wait a few minutes to give everyone a chance to arrive. If you are new to us, please email so we know to expect you. More information on routes will be posted weekly in the newsfeed.
April – Meeting at the entrance to Fort Mason at 2 Marina Drive, next to the Equator Coffee hut
May – NEW meeting spot – Woods Yard Park on Minnesota and 22nd Street, by Piccino Coffee Bar and Just For You Cafe. This park is a long block down from Esprit Park.
June – Java Beach Cafe, Ocean Beach at the Great Highway and Judah
WEDNESDAYS: There’s an informal run on Wednesdays, meeting 3pm (can vary) in front of the Botanical Gardens in Golden Gate Park. We generally run 5-7 miles, route and distance depending on our mood. Email or text Anna if you are interested in joining us.
Other weekday runs: You are encouraged to run 3-4 times per week. The weekly training should consist of hill or mile repeats, tempo runs, a long run and an optional fourth day of running. HFRC is happy to provide you with a personal training plan. You can run solo or coordinate with other members.
See what our members are up to on Strava.
For variety, we rotate start locations monthly in San Francisco. Maps for meeting locations
- Aquatic Park at the end of Van Ness Ave in the parking lot
- Botanical Gardens 1199 9th Ave, at Lincoln St. in Golden Gate Park
- Conservatory of Flowers in Golden Gate Park
- Duboce Park in front of the cafe, corner of Duboce and Steiner Streets
- Esprit Park 19th Street and Indiana, by the horse
- Ferry Building in front of Starbucks
- Fort Mason in front of Equator Coffee at 2 Marina Drive. (It’s the little building at the entrance)
- Java Beach Cafe Ocean Beach across the street by the restrooms, at Great Highway and Judah
- Java Beach at the Zoo, 2650 Sloat Blvd. Across from the SF Zoo
- Legion of Honor By the fountain in the upper parking lot
- Precita Park, Bernal Heights (at the Precita Park Cafe – 500 Precita Ave.)
- Sports Basement Potrero 1590 Bryant St., near the Potrero Shopping Center
- Sports Basement Presidio 610 Old Mason Street
- Sunset Circle Parking Lot at Lake Merced where Sunset Boulevard ends
- Woods Yard Park at Minnesota and 22nd Street, by Piccino Coffee Bar