We explore nooks and crannies, high and low, of our fabulous city. Discover parts of SF you may not otherwise see, build friendships along with endurance, and reaffirm connection to communities. We may not be large, but we are visible! Join us for a run to see what we’re all about! If this is your first run with us, please fill out our Waiver, sorry our lawyers told us to do this.
UPDATE: All group runs have been suspended until further notice.
SATURDAYS: Our morning social/long runs start at 8am. For variety, we rotate meeting locations monthly in San Francisco. Maps for various running distances will be provided.
Runs starts at 8am but we usually wait a few minutes to give everyone a chance to arrive. If you are new to us, please email so we know to expect you. More information will be sent via the weekly newsfeed.
Weekday runs: While there are no officially scheduled weekday group runs at this time, you are encouraged to run an additional 3-4 times per week. The weekly training should consist of hill or mile repeats, tempo runs, a long run and an optional fourth day of running. HFRC is happy to provide you with a personal training plan. You can run solo or coordinate with other members.
Wednesdays: There’s an informal run on Wednesdays, meeting 2pm on Brannan and Embarcadero or the Botanical Gardens. Email or text Anna if you are interested in joining us.
See what our members are up to on Strava.
Maps for meeting locations
- Aquatic Park (at the end of Van Ness Ave in the parking lot)
- Botanical Gardens 1199 9th Ave, at Lincoln St. in Golden Gate Park
- Conservatory of Flowers in Golden Gate Park
- Duboce Park (in front of the cafe, corner of Duboce and Steiner Streets)
- Esprit Park (19th Street and Indiana, by the horse)
- Ferry Building (in front of Starbucks)
- Fort Mason in front of Equator Coffee at 2 Marina Drive. (It’s the little building at the entrance)
- Java Beach Cafe (across the street by the restrooms, at Great Highway and Judah)
- Java Beach at the Zoo, 2650 Sloat Blvd. Across from the SF Zoo
- Legion of Honor (By the fountain in the upper parking lot)
- Precita Park, Bernal Heights (at the Precita Park Cafe – 500 Precita Ave.)
- Sports Basement Potrero (1590 Bryant St., near the Potrero Shopping Center
- Sports Basement Presidio (610 Old Mason Street)
- Sunset Circle Parking Lot at Lake Merced where Sunset Boulevard ends