We explore nooks and crannies, high and low, of our fabulous city. Discover parts of SF you may not otherwise see, build friendships along with endurance, and reaffirm connection to communities. We may not be large, but we are visible! Join us for a run to see what we’re all about!
January 2023 : SF Botanical Gardens
Saturday Long Runs starting at 8 am – Join us for the long run or walk. For January, we’ll be starting from SF Botanical Gardens in Golden Gate Park. We’ll meet at the main entrance of the garden, located at 1199 9th Ave, just off Lincoln Way. After the run, get your coffee from club favorite – Tartine Bakery then hang out with friends. We like to grab a pastry and head back to the garden’s entrance. Depending on how hilly the route, we usually finish running around 9:45 if you just want to say hi and join us for social time. Parking is plentiful at 8am but please do not leave any valuables in your car.
There are two route distances, usually a 9-10 miler and a shorter 5-6 miler with maps changing weekly. The running and walking groups all begin at the same time. It’s a tour through urban streets and gardens. We’ll then meet back up after the run/walk for well-earned snacks. It’s a wonderful time to catch up with other members.
Runs commence at 8am but we usually wait a few minutes to give everyone a chance to arrive. If you are new to us, please email so we know to expect you. More information on routes will be posted weekly in the newsfeed.
Jan 2023: SF Botanical Gardens
PREVIOUS 2022 MEETING LOCATIONS:
DEC : Precita Park
NOV: Duboce Cafe
OCT: Java Beach Cafe
SEPT: Fort Mason
AUG: Piccino Cafe, Woods Yard Park
JULY: Botanical Gardens
JUNE: Precita Park
MAY: Legion of Honor
APRIL: Duboce Cafe
MARCH: Fort Mason
FEB: Philz in Dogpatch
JAN: Java Beach by SF Zoo
WEDNESDAYS: There’s an informal run on Wednesday mornings. We meet in front of the Botanical Gardens in Golden Gate Park, around 8:30, running 6 miles total – down to the beach and back. Please email or text Anna if you are interested in joining us. Or join us for coffee at Tartine Bakery post run.
Other weekday runs: You are encouraged to run 3-4 times per week. The weekly training should consist of hill or mile repeats, tempo runs, a long run and an optional fourth day of running. HFRC is happy to provide you with a personal training plan. You can run solo or coordinate with other members.
Weekday Walks – Please let Anna know if you are interested and I’ll keep you in the email loop. Locations vary. We’ve been walking on Fridays. Times and locations vary.
See what our members are up to on Strava.
For variety, we rotate start locations monthly in San Francisco.
- Aquatic Park at the end of Van Ness Ave in the parking lot
- Botanical Gardens 1199 9th Ave, just off Lincoln Way in Golden Gate Park
- Conservatory of Flowers (The white structure) in Golden Gate Park
- Duboce Park in front of the cafe, corner of Duboce and Steiner Streets
- Esprit Park 19th Street and Indiana, by the horse sculpture
- Ferry Building
- Fort Mason in front of Equator Coffee at 2 Marina Drive. (It’s the little building at the entrance)
- Java Beach Cafe Ocean Beach across the street by the restrooms, at Great Highway and Judah
- Java Beach at the Zoo, 2650 Sloat Blvd. Across from SF Zoo and the garden center
- Legion of Honor 100 34th Avenue, By the fountain in the upper parking lot
- Philz Coffee 1258 Minnesota St. in the Dogpatch
- Piccino Coffee Bar – Woods Yard Park at Minnesota and 22nd Street, Dogpatch
- Precita Park, Bernal Heights (at the Precita Park Cafe – 500 Precita Ave.)
- Sports Basement Potrero 1590 Bryant St., near the Potrero Shopping Center
- Sports Basement Presidio 610 Old Mason Street
- Sunset Circle Parking Lot at Lake Merced where Sunset Boulevard ends
- Woods Yard Park at Minnesota and 22nd Street, by Piccino Coffee Bar