We explore nooks and crannies, high and low, of our fabulous city. Discover parts of SF you may not otherwise see, build friendships along with endurance, and reaffirm connection to communities. We may not be large, but we are visible! Join us for a run to see what we’re all about!
Weekly Runs & Walks
December | San Francisco Botanical Gardens, Golden Gate Park
Saturday Long Runs starting at 8 am
December 9th – Holiday Party – meet at Jay’s House
9am Short Run
Join us for the month of December where we’ll be meeting 8am in front of SF Botanical Gardens main entrance in Golden Gate Park. It’s at 1199 9th Ave, just off Lincoln Way if you need a precise address. Club favorite Tartine is nearby so we can enjoy refreshments post run. If that’s not your thing, there are many other tasty options nearby. Then, stay and hang out with friends and enjoy well earned coffee. Depending on how hilly the route, we generally finish running around 9:45 if you just want to say hi and join us for socializing. Please note: Parking is plentiful at 8am but DO NOT leave any valuables in your car.
There are two route distances, usually a 9-10 miler and a shorter 5-6 miler with maps changing weekly. The running and walking groups all begin at the same time. It’s a tour through urban streets and gardens. We’ll then meet back up after the run/walk for well-earned snacks. It’s a wonderful time to catch up with other members.
Runs commence at 8am but we usually wait a few minutes to give everyone a chance to arrive. If you are new to us, please email so we’ll know to expect you. More information on routes will be posted weekly in the newsfeed.
PREVIOUS MEETING LOCATIONS:
November | Woods Yard Park | Piccino Coffee Bar
October | Java Beach Cafe at the Zoo
September | Duboce Cafe
Aug: Fort Mason | Equator Coffee
July: SF Botanical Gardens
June: Precita Park | Precita Park Cafe
May: Legion of Honor | Museum Cafe
April: Duboce Park | Duboce Cafe
March: Fort Mason | Equator Coffee
Feb: Woods Yard Park | Piccino Coffee Bar
Jan: SF Botanical Gardens | Tartine
WEDNESDAYS: There’s an informal run on Wednesday mornings. We meet in front of the Botanical Gardens in Golden Gate Park, around 8:30, running 6 miles total – down to the beach and back. Please email or text Anna if you are interested in joining us. Or join us for coffee around 9:30 at Tartine Bakery for our post run.
Other weekday runs: You are encouraged to run 3-4 times per week. The weekly training should consist of hill or mile repeats, tempo runs, a long run and an optional fourth day of running. HFRC is happy to provide you with a personal training plan. You can run solo or coordinate with other members.
Weekday Walks – Please let Anna know if you are interested and I’ll keep you in the email loop. We’ve been walking on Fridays. Times and locations vary.
See what our members are up to on Strava.
For variety, we rotate start locations monthly in San Francisco.
- Aquatic Park at the end of Van Ness Ave in the parking lot
- Botanical Gardens 1199 9th Ave, just off Lincoln Way in Golden Gate Park
- Duboce Park in front of the cafe, corner of Duboce and Steiner Streets
- Esprit Park 19th Street and Indiana, by the horse sculpture
- Fort Mason sculpture at the entrance, 2 Marina Drive, near Equator Coffee
- Java Beach Cafe Ocean Beach across the street by the restrooms, at Great Highway and Judah
- Java Beach at the Zoo, 2650 Sloat Blvd. Across from SF Zoo and the garden center
- Legion of Honor 100 34th Avenue, by the fountain in the upper parking lot
- Philz Coffee 1258 Minnesota St. in the Dogpatch
- Piccino Coffee Bar – Woods Yard Park at Minnesota and 22nd Street, Dogpatch
- Precita Park, Bernal Heights at the Precita Park Cafe – 500 Precita Ave.
- Sports Basement Potrero 1590 Bryant St., near the Potrero Shopping Center
- Sports Basement Presidio 610 Old Mason Street
- Sunset Circle Parking Lot at Lake Merced where Sunset Boulevard ends
- Woods Yard Park by Piccino Coffee Bar at Minnesota and 22nd Street